between working on my pirate and my beach theme classrooms....having power outages which kill my internet....having adobe go all wonky on me when trying to convert to PDFs....whew!!
BUT, better late than never right?? lol
I know y'all think I'm pretty crazy, but I'm LOVING my boot camp!! I've been getting up at 4:30 in them morning (I KNOW! I'm crazy...on my summer vacay, too!) and getting my butt kicked by Wendy....she's just awesome though. After only a week, I can tell a difference, and honestly, I LOVE WORKING OUT!!
And part of my BIG summer to do list is to paint 2 of our 3 bathrooms....We moved in a little over a year ago, and these bathrooms are STILL not finished...they've been started, but not finished...I didn't really like the colors we chose, and life got in the way...so this summer I WILL finish them!!
I'll be sure to show pics :)
Furniture for the house - ok...same deal...we've lived here for over and still haven't furnished our house all the way - we moved from a house that was less than HALF the size of this one, so we really didn't have any furniture when we came, so we still have empty rooms, believe it or not - ha!
Yes, I'm NEEDING a beach day...people it has rained here for OVER A WEEK!! My tan lines are disappearing as we speak...lol
Wish we could go to Europe this summer - I've been, but my husband hasn't. I have big plans to get us there in TWO years...I WILL do it!! And that's when my parents will be moved back so they can take the kids for the 2 weeks...ummm...NO, I'm NOT taking the kids with us. lol
I haven't gone yet, but we're going to Colorado for a BIG family reunion...
it's to celebrate:
my 30th bday
my (step)brother's 30th
my brother in law's 40th
wowwy! Big birthdays this year!! And we haven't all been together in FOREVER, so it's a good reason, right?? Can't wait to go hike mountains and for Autumn to see her cousins!! These are the ones that live in Hawaii...so we rarely see them...although, we WILL get there one day again..and when we do, I'll be sure to meet up with one of my new BBFF, Corinna.
And each summer, we make a (LONG) trip to the drive-in movie theater....it's one of my most favorite memories of growing up - I vividly remember going to the drive-in while living in West (By God) Virginia. And I want my kids to have the same memories...so each summer, that's what we do.
I've also teamed up with the fabulous Lori for her giveaway!!!
She's so sweet....I currently have her sight word pack for 2nd grade and LOVE it!! I'm needing the 1st grade pack too - ha!
She has some AWESOME people that have teamed up with her - so go enter!!
I've FINALLY finished my beach themed classroom set...which was "request" from Surfer girl...(hehe - aka, Corinna)
it has everything my pirate unit has...but beachy and colorful....
oh...I just don't know which one I want to use now!! lol
It's 131 pages!! yikes!!
1) Alphabet, There are THREE different versions - a set with 1 card on a page, a set with 2 cards on one page, and a one page alphabet chart, which would be great for centers! There are pictures for the letters that have double sounds (hard/soft letters ans long/short vowels).
2) World Wall Letters - the vowels are different color letters and background. The background matches the alphabet for consistency
3) Numbers 1-180. Count up the days of school! There is one complete set with the same background. There is a 2nd set that starts at 5 and counts by tens, and a 3rd set that starts at 10 and counts by tens. You can use these for 100s charts, or a sequencing math center as well!
4) Job chart - a ready made version, or a blank one for you to write in your own jobs.
5) Centers number labels - there are 2 sets; one for reading and math. There are small labels and big ones.
6) Calendar - Month and Days of the week header cards, which can also be used as a sequencing activity in a center! The weekends are different colors than the weekdays. There THREE different sets of calendar numbers, so you can choose which kind of pattern you would like for that month. Today is/Yesterday was/ Tomorrow is charts, and a place value chart for the day of the year.
7) Name tags and pockets - There are 2 different versions of the name tags and a boy and girl version of each, and 6 different versions of the pockets.
In each file there is a "Teacher Tips" page where I explain how to use each file and organization tips!!
I did add more to the pirate unit too....there are THREE different versions of the alphabet now -
One set that is one letter per page (new addition)
One set that has 2 letters per page
One set that has ALL the letters on one page - a personal alphabet chart
Today is the meet-up!!!
Can't wait to meet you all!!!
Ok, must go and start picking out my outfit. lol...Not really....I think I'll go drink more coffee and catch up google reader.